Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Scarlet Red




Splattered red on the wall
Attracts them, one and all..
The scarlet red, the glistening dye
Everyone around wants to buy..

“Marvelous!” I hear one say,
“How much ever it costs I’m willing to pay”

Thank You Mister, but, it’s not for Sale,
Why don’t you pick another and take it on bail.

In a pitch high he spoke again,
Assuming the volume will turn his boon to bane..
“Can’t you see, young lady, what this painting has done!!
Crowds have gathered, so many hearts has it won!”
There is something in this one that draws me to it; time and back,
The color, the dye, its spectacular mating on the canvas black!
I want this One only! It will adorn my hall!
Lighten up my room! Liven up my wall!"

“Quote your price, I’m ready to pay ALL it’s worth
Be sane and wise; and your life hereon will be full of mirth!!”

Pardon me if you can, but, I can’t give you this
It’s not what you see - a painting of bliss.

The scarlet red, the glistening dye
There’s more to it than what meets the eye..
Look carefully, I say, if you may must
It’s not the color palette that draws you just.

What the world calls the splendid art
Are but the shattered pieces of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent piece of work is what you have written,
    Looks like with love it was smitten.

    Nicely expressed emotions in 'The Scarlet Red'
    Like pearls woven in a thread! :)

    ReplyDelete