Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Replay




It all goes back to the start,
When it began with just a heart..
A heart that was meant to beat,
In turn, the owner did it cheat..

“Your command I followed”, said the trained lair,
“It was You who jumbled with the wrong wire..”
“I had asked you not to play it again”,
That song which messes up with your brain..”
“The song that you rewind,
For the perfect ending you hope to find..”
“But no matter how much you rewind”, said the sinner saint
“It’s fate you can’t really repaint..”
“The song’s already been written and You fit nowhere in the picture,
It’s a total misfit, you girl, like the wine served in a beer pitcher!

The devil in me awoke,
As the ego within had the heart poked..
“The lyrics can be changed! The song can be reframed!
It’s You, my stupid heart that so fears to get remaimed!
The song that itches you so bad,
The lyrics of which make you so sad..
It’s that song that brings him to me,
It’s the dream in which I choose to be..
He stays here for long,
As he writes me a new song..
A song that has me,
And together is the right place to be..
A song that he sings,
To give our love new wings..
The song that we play together,
As trespasses us every weather..
That song I’ll play forever,
A choice that is not a bit clever..
But, I take up this onus,
Of the pain and its bonus..”

And I went on, before interrupted the disturbed heart,
The crook began its sermon from the start..
“You foolish soul, I can’t let this play,
Can’t you see it’s You in the end who it’ll slay..
It’s a dream in the end,
A misleading fox you mustn't befriend..
It’s too good for it to come true,
It’s a picture you shouldn't have drew..”

I held in me a tear weak,
As the traitor in me continued to speak..
“Time will fly by,
And you’ll find a better guy..
Let him go if he must,
It’s your love that need not rust..
It’s in me, your heart, where he stays,
And I give you my word that your love won’t faze..”

Mum..I went with this last word,
My dream would breathe in now, even if the plea had gone unheard..”
Paused, both of us, for a moment we stayed,
Rewind before forward, I began to play..

“I can’t shake him off my head,
I can’t put me off to bed..
This music You may stop to play,
It’s the song, you know, that I’ll forever REPLAY.”

1 comment:

  1. Fantastical !!!!

    Way to go girl...loved it....too good.

    You are superb talented. God Bless !

    ReplyDelete