Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bare teachings


For years now that I pass that lane,
I see him living off his bane.

They pass by him every now and then,
Dogs, cars, men and women.

Nobody seems to really notice,
Everybody just give him a miss.

But, he begs for nothing – neither money nor cure,
That’s one thing that I know for sure.

He simply lies there with his derriere all exposed,
Waiting, waiting, waiting to get disposed.

He has nothing to lose, nothing to gain,
That road is his home - be it summer, winter or even rain.

Was he abandoned or was he not,
I shudder every time I’m crossed by that thought.

He may not know this, but he has taught me a lot,
For one that - a lot in life cannot be bought.

He teaches me that - life is not all that bad,
That one could smile whether glad or sad.

So, here is a man, who doesn’t know anything about me,
Teaching me to see what the others can’t see.

He simply lies there with his derriere all exposed,
Waiting, waiting, waiting to get disposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment